Sunday, July 27, 2008

P.W. Chile Con Queso, Revved Up


2lbs package of Velvetta Cheese
1lb package of Hot Breakfast Sausage (Jimmy Dean's)
1/2 large onion (chopped)
1 regular can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies)(either regular or hot)
1 7-oz can of diced green chilies
1 to 3 diced jalapeno peppers, according to preference
Directions:
Chop the onion and brown with the breakfast sausage. Drain excess fat so you won’t have a
coronary. Cut Velveeta into cubes and add to warm skillet. Add Rotel and green chilies, and stir
together over low heat until mixture is melted. Add finely diced jalapenos, stir together, and serve warm with tortilla chips. During serving, Queso needs to be kept warm, either in a fondue pot,chafing dish, or Crock Pot.
Queso can be frozen flat in Ziploc bags and reheated.
The Results:
I really liked this. I think the hot breakfast sausage gave it a good texture and taste. I would have added another jalapeno though. I just added one jalapeno. I'm sure I will make it again so next time I will probably add 2 jalapeno's maybe even the third one. I like hot stuff though. So taste it before you go throwing another one in. I did as Pioneer Woman said and I Ziploced the rest of the queso. Try this and check out P.W. website on how she did it step by step.

4 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Now that looks like a great hearty dip! Thanks for stopping by my blog:)

Jan said...

I like Pioneer Woman's writing and recipes, but I never comment on her site, she just has too many followers. Good job with this recipe, Nicole.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come back.

Pam said...

This looks really good - I love a good cheese dip and who can go wrong with Jimmy Dean sausage?

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com