Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chicken,Rice and Black Bean Chimichanga




Ingredients:
1/2 cup instant rice
1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
2-3 Tbsp Pace Salsa
6 flour tortillas
2 Chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
1 (6 oz) can of black olives
1/2 cup black beans (smashed)
1 can diced green chilies (*optional)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Directions:
In a small sauce pan cook your instant rice. Once it is done add in the Pace salsa.
Heat tortillas up in a large pan so they are easy to work with.
Start to assemble the chimichangas: black beans, shredded chicken, rice, cheese, olives and green chilies. Tuck and fold the tortilla so it is in the shape of a square. Make sure it isn't over filled. So be sparing when putting all your ingredients in the tortilla. So it will be able to fold.
Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the filled tortillas until both sides are browned. Place on paper towel when down. ENJOY!
Serve with guacamole, lettuce and tomatoes
The Results:
These were perfect for my first time chimichanga making. They went really good with the guacamole I made and I think that it is a must. Along with the lettuce and tomatoes. You could totally cut out the oil and just cook this in a skillet without oil. I just wanted the crunch on the tortilla. This was a tasty dish. YUM!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

This looks really good. I love mexican food. My problem is, Grumpy gets grumpy when I make it because its not his favorite. He may have to just be grumpy soon though because your photo makes me want to make it!

Pam said...

I love chimichangas... I agree that guacamole is a must. These look really great Nicole.

Jan said...

Mmmm, I like the look of these, I bet they tasted great too.