Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buttery Cooked Carrots


INGREDIENTS:
1 pound baby carrots
1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:
Cook carrots in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain off most of the liquid, leaving bottom of pan covered with water. Set the carrots aside.
Stir margarine and brown sugar into the water. Simmer and stir until the margarine melts. Return carrots to the pot, and toss to coat. Cover, and let sit for a few minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
The Results:
I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. I've never really liked carrots cooked. For some reason today they tasted really good. I enjoyed the sweet kick to them. I topped the carrots with parsley. I will definitely be snacking on these tomorrow.

1 comment:

Pam said...

My daughter loves cooked carrots... I'll have to try this recipe for her.