Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hot Sloppy Joe Sandwiches


Pull all that good bread out and go feed it to the ducks.
Now fill them up
Of couse put cheese on top
Now wrap them all safe and tight.
Ohhh yeah!
I know my sandwiches are smoking. Hey like I say we couldn't wait to eat them any longer.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lean ground beef
salt and pepper
1/2 onion (chopped)
1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 or 1 whole can of olives (depends on how many olives you want in it)
1 can tomato soup
1/4 cup ketcup
2 Tbsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
7 french sandwich rolls (I like Francisco roll)
2 cups of shredded cheese
7 sheets of tin foil

Directions:
Brown meat in skillet with onions and green bell peppers. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
Scoop of the bread inside the rolls to make room for the meat mixture. Add the meat and cheese to the rolls and wrap them in foil.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

The Results:
I love these sandwiches. Maybe because my mom use to make something like this or maybe just cause they are quick and easy. I served them with celery sticks and called it dinner. ;) They are just too good not to try. The oven gives the rolls a little crisp and the cheese melts right on in. YUM!

9 comments:

Pam said...

I love sloppy joes too. They are hearty and delicious. I love the oozing cheese - a great addition.

Shauna said...

mom used to make these. I forgot about them

The Blonde Duck said...

This looks so good. I love sloppy joe's--I've just got to convince my husband to eat them!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I like how you heated them at the end. Yummy!

test it comm said...

That cheesy sloppy joe looks good! It has been too long since I last had a sloppy joe.

Deborah said...

I love sloppy joes, and I love this way to serve them! I'm going to have to do this!

Spryte said...

OMG Those look soooo good!!!!

Spryte said...

I made these tonight and they were AWESOME!!!!

Spryte said...

Thanks again for the recipe!
I blogged about them too.
http://sprytesplace.blogspot.com/2009/01/cheesy-bakes-sloppy-joes.html